Monday, March 16

My Husbands Birthday!!

Today is my husband, William's Birthday! What's even greater is that today he is on his way home from Afghanistan!! What a great birthday present! Our kids and I miss him soo much and are just so excited to see him! He'll only be home for a week to take care of me and the kids when I get a minor surgery but I'll take it!!
This is the card I made for him. The picture looks way lighter then it really is, it is actually Always Artichoke and Sahara Sand. I used the To the Nines Designer Series Card-stock, I folded it over to show the other great side and did some heavy distressing around the edges! I did a little stitching with the hemp twine and tied a little on the 'b' from the 'Party Hearty' stamp set. I cut out my b and got the middle with my 3/4" punch and cut out a piece of the same DSP to put in its place. I also used the 1 3/4" punch for the larger Sahara Sand Circle and I used my Always Artichoke marker for the images and my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the sayings. I wrapped up some chocolate in the same DSP, tied it with the retired SU rope twine and I made a tag with the Sale-a-bration set 'Yummy'. Now hopefully he doesn't get a chance to check my blog on his way home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment